Wednesday 25 July 2012

Nutella & Peanut Butter Brownie

Missy Moo checking for quality.

I'm not going to lie, these are not healthy.

A girlfriend and I share a love of eating Nutella from the jar. I know we're not the only ones, so don't judge us too harshly!


For her birthday I found this recipe and tweaked it a bit. It got such rave reviews from the girls that I thought it would be cruel not to share.


250g unsalted butter, melted
1.5 cups of raw sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
4-5 eggs pending on their size
1 cup of wholemeal plain flour
1/2 cup of cocoa
1/8 teaspoon of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 cup of hazelnut spread (I used Nutino)
1/2 cup of crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup of choc chips if you have no sense of care about your waist line or sugar levels!

  1. Preheat oven to 180c. Line 2 pyrex or square tin with baking paper. I didn't and should have!
  2. Pour in melted butter to a largish bowl. Stir in sugar and vanilla.
  3. Beat in eggs one at a time.
  4. Stir in flour, cocoa salt and baking powder, taste mixture to check awesomeness.
  5. Melt hazelnut spread and peanut butter together until runny. Then mix thoroughly into mixture. Add chocolate chips. Taste again, awesomeness should be growing!
  6. Pour mixture into dishes or tins. It doesn't need to be very deep as it's very rich so you don't need much.
  7. Bake for 20-30 minutes depending on how eager your oven is. 
  8. Cut after it has cooled, if you can wait.
  9. Take and share with a friend and enjoy the complements, however be prepared to make this for every future party!
Taste the mixture... go on... you have my full permission.

Ready for the oven...


No, I didn't let it cool.

Do you have any decadent favourite treats?

No comments:

Post a Comment